November 27, 2010

How It All Began

Jason and I met the summer of 2004.  I was home from Baylor for the summer doing an internship.  I transferred to the TGI Fridays in Plano.  Jason worked at Fridays during the summers while he was not teaching.  I saw him my first day there and was immediately smitten.  By the end of that summer we were dating. 

On September 3rd 2005, on top of a castle in Central Park, Jason asked for me to spend the rest of my life with him.  December 29th 2006 we were married.  We will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary this December! The past 6 1/2 years have been absolutely amazing.  I have loved and laughed more than I have ever thought possible. We have been on so many adventures and cant wait to go on many more. 

We have been blessed beyond our wildest dreams.  With all great stories comes trials. In 2008 Jason and I decided to start a family. After a few months of trying we were happy to find out we were pregnant.  We went to our first appointment at about 6 weeks and saw our little bean on the big screen.  It was too soon to hear a heart beat but we could see it just a beating.  Several weeks later at what would have been about 9 weeks we went back for a routine appointment and found that our little bean stopped growing at about 6 weeks 2 days.  As you can imagine we were heart broken.  We decided to wait awhile to try again. We needed time to heal. 

In the summer of 2009 the day after we got home from a trip to Mexico we found out we were pregnant again.  We went in pretty immediately and we could tell things did not look good.  We miscarried our second child in August of 2009.  We wanted a family and wanted to know what was going on.  If you know me, you know how determined I can get when I want something.  Our amazing OB immediately started to run tests to see what was going on.  We soon found out that I had a clotting disorder. On December 4th 2009 we were blessed with a 3rd pregnancy.  Jackson Reid Sharp was born July 29th 2010! Praise God. 

2 comments:

  1. tamara, i don't think i knew you had a clotting disorder - factor 5? my daughter had a partial abruption with her first and had an emergency c-section at 8 months. he was 4.9lbs - the clots had obstructed his growth. the second pregnancy she found out about factor 5 and insurance wouldn't pay for heparin shots until halfway through her pregnancy. at almost 8 months she had a complete concealed abruption (the placenta completely separates and the baby can't live). she had a stillborn little girl who was perfect. the next pregnancy she gave herself 2 shots a day of heparin in her stomach and at 32 weeks they gave her steroid shots to develop his lungs and at 34 weeks brought him early. henry weighed 5lb 3oz and was in nicu for 9 days. liam is now 6 and henry 1. you both are blessed and so faithful and trusting! love your wedding pic, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan I have anti-phospholipid antibodies. I believe it is a little different than factor 5. However it sounds like it is treated the same. I started fragmin (like heprin) shots once a day until I reached 36 weeks. At 36 weeks I started heprin shots twice a day. Our struggle was long and hard but we learned a valuable lesson in praising God during storms.

    ReplyDelete